Running is supposed to be the every-person’s sport. Affordable, accessible, easy to get started. Sure, you can go out there in run in your sneakers from high school, your sweat pants that have been in your dresser for the better part of a decade (they still fit, by the way), and even fire up the iPod Classic for some tunes. But let’s be real. That’s not how this works.
By the time you factor in race fees, hotel stays, travel expenses, new shirts/shorts, GPS watches, hydration, fuel, shoes, yada yada yada, it gets really expensive! According to Runner’s World, a lifetime of spending over the course of one’s expected 57 years of activity will result in your spending anywhere between $14,357 and $212,872 on running. That’s between $250 and $3700 per year. Cheap? Ya, right. Let’s at least call it a wash with the cost we save in healthcare. That’s our story, at least.
Anyway, we have your back. We’ve been crawling the Internet to find you the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals around. There’s no reason to be shelling out tons of cash to do something we all love. If you find any more deals, we’d be happy to add them to our list!
- SLS3 Compression & Triathlon: Cyber Monday Special: 50%, great sale prices, AND free shipping on orders over $10 (within the United States). Use code CYBER50.
- SPIbelt: They’re offering 10% off site-wide from 11/27-11/30 with the checkout code HOLIDAY2015. It’s the perfect no-bounce solution for keeping your cash, keys, and phone at your fingertips while you run.
- Lasting Commemoratives: Save 20% on your shadowbox purchase. The deal ends December 5th, so use code CyberMonday at checkout. Finishing that marathon IS a big deal – show off your medals with pride!
- New Balance: Free shipping and 20% off on all orders! No codes to enter, just visit their website before November 28th to take advantage.
- FitBit: If you are hitting up Walmart, be sure to check out their awesome deal on FitBit Flex at $59, and the FitBit Charge HR at $119. A savings of $40 and $30 respectively!
- Rogue Fitness: For you Cross-Fitters out there! Check out the 5 Items ship for $5 sale as well as their Hot Deals section. It’s always changing, so pay attention.
- Fodor’s Travel: For that after the race vacation. Who wouldn’t want to spend their time at an all-inclusive beach resort or a night on the strip? Palace Resorts is offering 50% off, the Grand Lucayan is offering $99 a night, and the Palms Casino in Vegas is offering $35/night bookings!
- XTERRA: Cyber Monday savings of up to 60% off full wetsuits for triathlons using code CYBERMONDAY. Also check out deals on stand up paddleboards.
There you have it! Happy shopping – and remember; let us know what you come across! We want to grow this list all week!
Before you go shopping for the Casual Runner in your life, or if you are looking for some items to at to the Christmas list for yourself, be sure to check out our growing collection of product reviews.
The Casual Runner Team wants to hear from you. If you have any questions about anything we cover here on Casual Runner, if you have any questions regarding running gear or training for your own Casual Running needs, or if there is anything that you would like us to cover on Casual Runner, please leave a comment or email us using the links below. To ensure that you do not miss all of the great content from Casual Runner, please be sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, subscribe to our YouTube channel, and add us to your circle on Google+. See you out on the running trails!